Southwest Vacation: Experience Mardi Gras in Orlando & Save
by Cristina Puscas
February 3rd, 2011
Mardi Gras or the Carnival Season is a series of celebrations which are directly related to the Christian celebrations of Epiphany and Easter. Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday falls on March 8, 2011, so you still have time to plan your getaway.
Although the most popular place in the USA to spend Mardi Gras is New Orleans, Orlando is also part of the celebrations. At Universal Studios every Saturday and on selected nights from February 12th to April 23rd you can catch one of the live concerts and of course, the popular parade.
But if you want to be there, you have to act fast. Book a flight and hotel package for 3 or more nights and save up to 20% when you stay at one of the three onsite Universal Orlando Resort hotels.
The sale ends on March 31, 2011 and the travel period is between February 2 and April 23, 2011. Advance purchase required (7 days).
The customized vacation package includes:
- roundtrip flight via Southwest Airlines to Orlando
- hotel accommodation
- Universal’s U-Select theme park ticket
- Early Park Admission to Universal’s Islands of Adventure and skip the regular lines at participating attractions in both Universal Orlando theme parks
- Complimentary resort-wide transportation for onsite hotel guests
- first and second checked bags fly free
The following packages are available:
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, 5 nights hotel + flight + 4-day Park to Park Acess ticket from $199 per person per night
- Hard Rock Hotel® at Universal Orlando, 5 nights hotel + flight + 4-day Park to Park Acess ticket from $225 per person per night
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando, 5 nights hotel + flight + 4-day Park to Park Acess ticket from $230 per person per night
Don’t forget to read the Southwest Airlines Vacations Current Deals
Read more Southwest Flight Deals.